- This is an agreement between you and the Owners of Maison Metcalf, at 3 le Pacaud, Parcoul, 24410 France – David and Lee Metcalf
- Your booking should be for holiday purposes only unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- The property must not be used for party purposes, weddings or filming without prior written agreement.
- A Facility Fee may be payable for a function or party where the numbers using the property exceed the capacity the house can sleep.
- Your contract is between you and the owners of the property and is subject to the following conditions.
Your Holiday Gîte
- You can arrive at your accommodation after 16h00 on the start date of your holiday and you must have vacated the property by 10h00 on your final day. If you anticipate being much later than 16h00, please inform the owners: 00 33 5 53 91 61 26.
- You agree to keep the gîte clean and tidy and to leave it in a similar condition of cleanliness to when you arrived. Any additional cleaning of the property, following your departure, beyond the normal amount reasonably required, may be charged for. Cleaning products are provided
- The owners can arrange for a cleaning team at the cost of €200 should this be a preferred option.
- A good housekeeping/breakage deposit of £200.00 for the gîte is payable together with the balance of the rental amount, and will be returned a week after your departure provided the gîte is left as found and no major breakages have occurred.
- The numbers in your party must never exceed the stated house capacity except by prior written agreement.
- Unfortunately we are not able to accept pets at Maison Metcalf.
- To respect the wishes of both smokers and non-smokers, please do not abuse the no smoking regulations of the gîte. The gîte is specifically non-smoking. This includes the use of e-cigarettes. Smoking is allowed in the garden.
- The owners will make a charge if the no smoking policy is breached to cover the cost of soft furnishing, curtain and carpet cleaning.
- You must be 21 years or over when you book the accommodation.
- The owners has the right to refuse any booking prior to the issuing of any confirmation in writing.
- When you receive your confirmation you must check all the details carefully for accuracy and contact the owners immediately if you find any discrepancy.
Rentals and Charges
- The owners will hold a provisional booking for 5 days, but do not guarantee that this will still be available at the end of the 5 day period.
- In order to secure a booking you are required to make a deposit payment of 30% of the total rental amount.
- Upon receipt of your deposit the owners will confirm your booking in writing. You are then responsible for the balance of the rental and the breakage deposit (£200) which is due no later than 8 weeks prior to your arrival. If your holiday is within the 8 week period, you are required to pay the full rental amount and damage deposit.
- The owners reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit if the balance is not received by the due date.
Cancellation by You
- Please ensure that you are protected by holiday insurance covering a cancellation policy.
- If you have to cancel your reservation you must telephone the owners on the number shown on your booking confirmation as soon as the reason for the cancellation occurs. You must also confirm your cancellation in writing. The day on which the owner receives the telephone cancellation is the day on which your reservation is cancelled.
- Balances are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation, unless the owners have been able to re-let the property subsequent to the cancellation. The owners advise that you ensure that your holiday insurance covers you for this.
- A cancellation prior to the balance due date will require an administration fee of £50 payable to the owners.
- The owners hope that you will not have any cause for complaint, but in the event of a problem arising you must in the first instance contact the owners.
- Liability – The owners are insured against loss or injury through their negligence. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by the owners, the use by tenants of any part of the property or its facilities is entirely at their own risk.
- The contract between you and the Owners is subject to English Law and is formed in Maison Metcalf, 3 Le Pacaud, Parcoul, 24410 Dordogne, France